Wednesday, December 19, 2007

...oh the weather outside...isn't that bad


We head out today for Nova Scotia. We can't wait. In the next few minutes I'll head into the garage, having moved the van out in the yard, door agape, and clean and then pack the Mazda wagon in the relative comfort of the heated garage. I treat the whole exercise like that childhood game, 'Bucking Bronco.' Just keep packing and stuffing in the hope that the car doesn't snap, buck, and dump everything out in anger. We shall see how it goes. Did I mention I miss the old van?

And winter travel is the absolute best: in door clothes, party clothes, workout clothes, outdoor clothes, skates, and maybe this year snowshoes, all need to find their way into a compact car. Given the impending frustration of today, Jennifer gave leave for me to scamper about in the backyard last night while she prepared supper. A lovely woman. So on went the snowshoes and off I went with camera in hand. I really had a great time. Crunching along with the occasional stop as the fancy hit for a quick snap of the sky, or my feet. Just so much fun.

It appears this may be a banner year for outdoor winter pursuits like snowshoeing, pond skating, cross country skiing and the like. We have certainly had the earliest true arrival of winter in many years. And its great. Now, certainly, it needs to end and spring needs to, well, spring in early March, but for now all the snow and the bundling is wonderful, strangely recalling so many great childhood memories of 'big' winters past.

I've got the camera and I'm warning you I'll be using it at every turn. So expect your mug to be plastered all over pictures chronicling the Nicholson Christmas trip to Nova Scotia 07. And do you see the chins, I mean how blessed am I, three whole chins. Does anyone want one for Christmas. Merry Christmas all, and hoefully we see most of you soon.

Love
b

No comments: